Is the German nonetheless driving in Components 1 in 2023? After saying goodbye to Sebastian Vettel (35), hope rests on Mick Schumacher (23). However the son of world champion Michael Schumacher has not but signed a contract for subsequent yr.
READ MORE: FIA decides engine guidelines from 2026
His present membership Haas need to wait till September for negotiations. And it has different methods. Paradoxically, Mick Schumacher’s uncle Ralf has an opponent of Schumi jr. recognized within the second Haas struggle.
I imply, there are different Components 2 drivers who’re below stress and have cash,” revealed the Sky skilled. “Drugovich is concerned in that, after what appears like three or 4 years, he has carried out it.”
What does Ralf Schumacher imply: The Brazilian with roots in Serbia and Austria is lastly combating for the title and is now on the entrance of the desk of the junior rankings, the place he has been initially since 2020. Drugovich, backed by funding agency XP Investimentos, has been linked with Nicholas Latifi’s seat at Williams and a job as reserve driver at Aston Martin.
Formula 1 Mick Schumacher Haas Baku 2022 Azerbaijan GP
Mike Schumacher. Credit score: LAT/Haas
However Mick Schumacher has a selection. Fernando Alonso releases his cockpit at Alpine. “Mick hasn’t signed the contract both,” Schumi II advised Sky. “So he can be a candidate. A speedy candidate, as you may see.” Background: Mick scored his first factors on the Silverstone and Spielberg races, battling head-to-head with drivers resembling Lewis Hamilton and Alonso.
If Schumacher doesn’t proceed with Haas, his choices are restricted to Williams and former Renault Alpine staff.
The six-time GP winner doesn’t imagine Daniel Ricciardo can take the cockpit from his nephew after leaving McLaren. “Personally, I am unable to think about that he’ll get one other likelihood in Components 1,” stated Ralf Schumacher, who expects competitors from Germany: Nico Hülkenberg is an choice. Match: Emericher is aware of Alpine staff boss Otmar Szafnauer effectively from time collectively at Drive India and Racing Level.
Whether or not it is Haas, Alpine or lastly Williams, the place Nicolas Latifi’s place shakes; Former Ferrari driver Jean Alesi firmly expects Mick Schumacher to remain within the premier class. “Components 1 is troublesome once you make errors, particularly now that the funds is tight. However now he has good tempo and is scoring. So I am certain he has the power and expertise to proceed in Components 1. The worst occasions in Components 1 are behind him now. “
It additionally means: Schumacher just isn’t in a nasty negotiating place.
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE!
That is F1-Insider.com
Components 1 on TV
In 2022, Components 1 will run on Sky. Final yr, the broadcaster launched a brand new tv channel particularly for the premier: Sky Components 1. Right here there may be motorsport 24 hours a day. All follow classes, all qualifying classes, all races are common and don’t have any industrial breaks. Historic races and particular occasions are additionally featured in this system.
Components 1 Hungarian Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen (Netherlands) – Crimson Bull 1:39:35.912 hours
- Lewis Hamilton (Nice Britain) – Mercedes +7.834s
- George Russell (Nice Britain) – Mercedes + 12.337
- Carlos Sainz Jr (Spain) – Ferrari +14.579
- Sergio Perez (Mexico) – Crimson Bull +15.688
- Charles Leclerc (Monaco) – Ferrari +16.047
- Lando Norris (Nice Britain) – McLaren + 1: 18.300 min.
- Fernando Alonso (Spain) – Alpine + 1 lap
- Esteban Ocon (France) – Alpine + 1 lap
- Sebastian Vettel (Heppenheim) – Aston Martin + 1 lap.
- Lance Stroll (Canada) – Aston Martin + 1 lap.
- Pierre Gasly (France) – Alpha Tauri + 1 lap.
- Zhou Guanyu (China) – Alfa Romeo + 1 lap.
- Mick Schumacher (Gland / Switzerland) – Haas + 1 lap.
- Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) – McLaren + 1 lap.
- Kevin Magnussen (Denmark) – Haas + 1 lap.
- Alexander Albon (Thailand) – Williams + 1 lap
- Nicholas Latifi (Canada) – Williams + 1 lap
- Yuki Tsunoda (Japan) – Alpha Tauri +2 laps
- Valtteri Bottas (Finland) – Alfa Romeo + 5 laps
thirteenth place end in 22 races
- Max Verstappen (Netherlands) – Crimson Bull 258 pts.
- Charles Leclerc (Monaco) – Ferrari 178
- Sergio Perez (Mexico) – Crimson Bull 173
- George Russell (Nice Britain) – Mercedes 158
- Carlos Sainz Jr (Spain) – Ferrari 156
- Lewis Hamilton (Nice Britain) – Mercedes 146
- Lando Norris (Nice Britain) – McLaren 76
- Esteban Ocon (France) – Alpine 58
- Valtteri Bottas (Finland) – Alfa Romeo 46
- Fernando Alonso (Spain) – Alpine 41
- Kevin Magnussen (Denmark) – Haas 22
- Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) – McLaren 19
- Pierre Gasly (France) – Alpha Tauri 16
- Sebastian Vettel (Heppenheim) – Aston Martin 16
- Mick Schumacher (Gland/Switzerland) – Haas 12
- Yuki Tsunoda (Japan) – Alpha Tauri 11
- Zhou Guanyu (China) – Alfa Romeo 5
- Lance Stroll (Canada) – Aston Martin 4
- Alexander Albon (Thailand) – Williams 3
Builder’s be aware
- Crimson Bull 431 pts.
- Alpine 99
- McLaren 95
- Alfa Romeo 51
- Haas 34
- Alpha Tauri 27
- Aston Martin 20
- Williams 3