The brand new guide of professor and author Juliana James “The key of the inexperienced vault” (Paratext, 28 pages), with photos by photographer and visible artist Taís Marcato. I already obtained my copy, however the official launch is subsequent Sunday, the seventh, at 10:30 am, on the Teatro Paschoal Carlos Magno. Effectively, I already know what this new journey Juliana is as much as, and will she forgive me, as a result of here is a spoiler. Have you learnt who you discovered to inform tales from? After all, with Grandpa Chico. This was an excellent story. Juliana and her cousins spent hours and hours listening to what he was telling. And that is the place the thriller of the inexperienced vault got here from. After all, to know the key and, as well as, to go to the writer’s memos, it’s best to learn this guide.
“My grandfather died after I was 11 and it was the primary time I had died. We have been very shut, he was candy, loving and beloved to inform tales. Since 2013, I’ve been publishing and telling my tales to many kids and I at all times miss him. From there got here the will to speak about our relationship and thus have the chance to provide the reader a narrative that may settle for, to speak about ache in a pure means and present that it’s potential to take care of it”, reveals the writer, confirming that the love for artwork that he cultivated was inspired by his household. Nevertheless, when he entered the theater on the age of standing -6, connecting with lecturers who made a distinction in his life, connecting with literature and music, all of this was necessary to his coaching and the alternatives he made in life.
On this new work, the writer additionally takes kids into the guide. That is as a result of, whereas going by means of the reminiscences of the lady who grew up marked by the work “The little lady of the sport”, by Hans Christian Andersen, they’re invited to unravel some knots so as to discover the code that opens the protected. As well as, kids are nonetheless led to specific nostalgia, loss and private worth. Anybody who needs to take part within the launch, simply cease by the Teatro Paschoal Carlos Magno. I already know that there can be stay music with Pedro Esteves and, in fact, tales. Juliana confirms that this report can be very completely different.
Marisa Loures-Juliana, on this new guide, invitations the reader to journey by means of their childhood reminiscences. What are your most important reminiscences from that point?
Juliana James – Marisa, I grew up very effectively. I bear in mind the time I spent listening to my grandfather’s tales, enjoying video games with my cousins… It was at my grandmother’s home the place the household gathered and everybody sat across the desk consuming and speaking! There are numerous good reminiscences that include smells, tastes and plenty of reminiscences.
– Simply learn “The key of the inexperienced vault” to search out out that Hans Christian Andersen and Maria Clara Machado have been a part of his childhood. What are a few of your early childhood experiences that carry you thru to at the present time?
– Oh! They’re a part of my life!! I like exhibiting these tales to my Theater college students and Inventive Writing college students. I actually like to fulfill new writers, new tales, however I can not put down good tales like “The little lady of the sport”, considered one of Hans Cristian’s classics, and plenty of others!
– Speaking about your childhood references, right now, as a author, you most likely return to this research with a brand new look. What’s the expertise like?
– It’s a wealthy and playful expertise, as a result of, greater than immersing in good books, it’s clear the significance of childhood experiences in our human improvement, our formation as an individual. This 12 months, with my theater college students, I did “A Bruxinha que foi boa”, by Maria Clara Machado, and I am rehearsing “Pluft, o fantasminha.” I like studying kids’s books and revisiting tales I’ve learn and turning them into performs or storytelling.
– There are tales that mark us without end, and you might be marked as “The little lady of the sport”. What did Hans Christian Andersen try this put you on this guide?
– I feel this guide helped me study demise, though it was a sophisticated factor on the time. He helped me to higher perceive this passage of life, and when my grandfather died, I regarded up on the sky and regarded for the celebs… however the reader ought to learn Hans’s guide or mine to higher perceive what I imply in regards to the stars.
– By the way in which, you say within the guide that, if you learn this story, it’s as if the writer took you by the hand and led you thru all of the conditions. You are feeling contained in the story. Is that what you need to do along with your scholar?
– After I really feel contained in the story to the purpose that I do not need to put the guide down and I can not cease studying it’s nice! It was like this after I just lately learn “Torto arado”, by Itamar Vieira Junior. And sure, I would really like my scholar to stay that have, and extra, to relive their reminiscences.
– He says that, in contrast to fairy tales, the ending of “The Little Lady” shouldn’t be pleased. Nevertheless, this choice is shocking. Do we have to present youngsters that “fortunately ever after” would not at all times occur?
– I feel that the story touched me as a result of I used to be in a position to put myself within the footwear of the character, I felt chilly with him, I felt unhappy for him, I felt the ache of longing and I noticed that all of us undergo it, so long as we are able to. it’s unhappy, it may be lovely and pure, as a result of all the pieces is life. I feel right now’s youngsters already know that there isn’t a “fortunately ever after” and, in fact, countless prospects of endings or not endings. What we’d like, maybe, is to point out them that artwork and literature are right here to impress us, to encourage us, to make us suppose in different methods about characters and to welcome us … from a protected place! Have you ever ever thought of what may be of worth inside that inexperienced room?
“Secret of the Inexperienced Vault”
Creator: Juliana James
Artist: Tais Marcato
Writer: Episode (28 pages).
Launch: Sunday, August 7, 10:30 am, Teatro Paschoal Carlos Magno.